CHIME ISSUE

1998 Saturn SL1 • 4 cylinder 2WD Automatic • 183,000 miles

Got a 1998 Saturn SL1 that when opening the driver side door the chime alarm sounds with in interrior lights on and no trunk light on. Pulled all fuses and IP BAT 30amp fuse under hood is the only one that keeps it off but can't start the car either. Not sure what would be causing this chime.
Sdc_jjohnson

It is a fast chime unless I start the car then it tones down to like 3 slow chimes before stoping. Thank you for taking the time to help me also I really appreciate it : )

Sdc_jjohnson
So its the faster rate chime like you left your head lights on and open the door not the slower rate one like you left your key in the ignition?

I think its a faster chime then the one I get for the lights, sucks now I can't test if it is or not though : (. I also have had the ignition issue where when pulling the key out it would sound and I would have to put the key in then pull it back out to solve it, but didn't work this time when I tried. That issue has happen since I got the car couple years back. : (

Sdc_jjohnson
Heres what your going to have to do next time you open the door and hear the chime and the key isnt in the ignition listen to seeif its the slow chime. You can tell the differnice leave the lights on and listen to the chime. Then leave the key in the ignition and listen to the chime so you know what they sond like. Its most likely the ignition one.