WONT START

1998 Saturn SC2 • 192 miles

I had to replace the head gasket and that turned out successful but im not sure if the TDC is right on the Harmonic Balancer. But I put everthing back together and tried to start her nd nothing. She wants to turn but isnt I might have the timing off. If someone can assist me on what I should do. Im taking the timing wall off to reset the TDC so hopefully that does it.
Paranor011

Put the engine no.1 piston on its compressiion stroke/TDC and align the cam and crank to its marking as indicated in the repair manual

Well I have the chilton manual and I cant find anything on TDC or im just not looking hard enough

Paranor011
What liter engine is this?

1.9

Paranor011
Those are the easiest engines to time they habe colored links on the timing chain dowl holes you can line up with a drill bit. Do you still need timing marks diagram?

Yeah that would be helpful

Paranor011
There you go sorry it took so long I lost track of your question. Let me know what you find.

Ok thanks I assembled it and tried to start it and it sounds better. But wont start the guys at the auto shop recommend I use a little starter fluid since it hasnt been started n a long time. Im not sure.

Paranor011
If you pop off the valve cover you can check the timing that way you dont have to remove the front cover. Check the timing and let me know what you find. Also those cars are known for bad coolant temp sensor and those cause no starts. Also the connectors to them get corroded as well and have to be replaced. Let me know what you find and we will go from there.

Sounds good. Where is the coolant temp sensor?

Paranor011