I HAVE A 98 THAT WHEN I TURN OFF THE ENGINE THE LOW BEAMS WILL COME BACK ON OR STAY ON AS WELL AS IF THE AC/HEATER IS ON IT WILL CONT

1998 Pontiac Grand Am • 146,000 miles

I have a 98 pontiac grand am that when I turn off the engine the low beams will come back on or stay on as well as if the ac/heater is on it will continue to blow in order to get everything to go off I have to keep turning the key and hoping that it will turn off and most the time will come back on and the car will die. Any ideas of what I can do? Thanks
Cynthia12

Common for ignition switch failures. Have the switch checked for shorting.

Otherwise, it may have a failed bcm module. This can be checked by a shop with a scan tool.

I have been trying to get through to people that it probably is the ignition switch but they took the steering wheel column off and pulled a wire and that turned the lights off and on so they think that it has to do with an electrical problem would that be a part of the ignition switch in that case?

Cynthia12
Not necessarily. You need a good electrical shop. Do not try and tell them there job. Let them find the failure and tell you the failure.