NO RESPONSE - REFUND

1998 Plymouth Voyager • 6 cylinder FWD Automatic • 177,000 miles

It has been over 2 days since I donated $20 to 2CarPros in anticipation and good faith in hopes of getting help.

Since 2CarPros have not answered, I want a refund of my money onto my Credit Card.

I will be contacting my bank to report and dispute the charge.
Nikae5

You don't have to get crabby. I've never heard of anyone having trouble getting a refund. In fact, I HAVE heard of people getting refunds without asking, so lighten up already.

If you would like to add a reply with the original question, which I might not have seen earlier, I can try to answer it. If I did see it and didn't answer, it was probably because I didn't know the answer or you didn't give enough information. That happens a lot.

Sorry. I DID see your original post and answer, and I don't know the answer. All of the problems I've ever run into were with the controller, not the actuators. For what it's worth, I recently rebuilt a few heater boxes on newer Dodge trucks and those actuators can not be put in wrong. They will simply keep on rotating on their own as they don't have any mechanical stops inside. The stops are built into the heater box.

We really appreciate those of you who make donations. They partially cover the costs of our repeated computer crashes, but if you can't figure out how to get a refund, (I've never tried so I don't know the procedure), I'll contact the site owners on your behalf.

caradiodoc@frontier. Com

Okay, thank you for replying. I was trying to be appreciative up front by donating $20 but after 2 days of waiting you surely understand my concern and frustration. I know I asked the question on Thxgiving Morning so I did not really expect an answer that day. However, I was surprised when I did not receive an answer yesterday. After not receiving and answer today - I am not happy -- and I think that you would not be either!

Nikae5
We are sorry for the delay in answering your question, of course we will refund your donation. We appreciate you giving us a chance to help you and apologize for not responding promptly during the holiday weekend. Our guarantee is unconditional, if you are not satisfied for any reason, we will refund you.

2CarPros Mike
Mike,
The questin I asked, and that was answered on the 20th was a separate question - for which I dontated money ($5 or $10, I can check). THAT question is not the one in dispute. THAT queston on the 20th was answered satisfactorily, thank you.

The dispute is about the question that was posted on Nov 25, reposted on Nov 26 and re-re-posted on Nov 27. For the question that is in dispute I voluntarily donated $20. I did not expect and answer on Thankgiving day but when I did not receive an answer on Friday or Saturday - I became concerned about losing my money for nothing.

Nikae5
I see that now, I completely understand. I will have one of our experts help you out to the best of our ability and refund you for the trouble. We really appreciate our donors and try to help everyone we can.
Thanks,
Mike

2CarPros Mike
Hi guys. I couldn't find the original post but as I recall, it had to do with the mode door or temperature door actuator and its calibration. All I can find is a '97 manual which should be the same. There is no reference at all pertaining to correct orientation of the new actuator. I contacted a friend who only rebuilds smashed Chrysler products. He said too, he just stuffs them in and they work.

What you WILL have to do is perform the calibration test sequence. That was always very frustrating to get it to pass for '97 models. I think they fixed that for '98 models. If the calibration is not correct, the six yellow leds in the buttons on the controller will flash.

To get to the two actuators listed, you must remove the steering column cover and anti-lock brake computer, then just unbolt them. The recirculate actuator is on the right side. You must pull back the carpeting and disconnect a linkage rod, then unbolt the actuator.

If you have to perform the calibration test, I can post a copy / paste version I typed up for the '97 model. That part will pass on the first try. With the engine running to provide vacuum, the controller runs each actuator from lock to lock and takes voltage readings from each position sensor to learn what those readings are. From there it can calculate where to put a door anywhere midway between those limits. It's the cool down test that is very frustrating and can take up to 20 tries before it passes. That one had to be done when the battery was disconnected or run dead, and it will only pass if he air conditioning system is working properly.

Here is the link to his other question

http://www.2carpros.com/questions/1998-plymouth-voyager-hvac-actuators

Thanks,
Mike

2CarPros Mike