WHERE IS THE A/C ORIFICE TUBE LOCATED IN A WITH 175000 MILES?

1998 Oldsmobile Intrigue • 175,000 miles

Where is the A/C Orifice Tube located in a 1998 Oldsmobile intrigue with 175000 miles?
I have an A/C problem with a 1998 Oldsmobile intrigue with 175000 miles. My A/C is not blowing cold air and would like some advice on how to resolve this issue. I have a friend who tested the pressure in my A/C. The low side pressure is 80psi and the high side is 120psi. Is that normal for this vehicle? I think the A/C Orifice Tube is blocked and needs to be replaced.
Dnice488

Pressure is not normal.

High side should be 340 psi. Low side is 42 psi at around 2000 rpm.

Splash the condenser with water and if the low side pressure decreases, it could be the Orifice tube (expansion valve) if not you sould be looking for a new compressor.

ORIFICE (EXPANSION) TUBE

Removal

1. Expansion tube is located in refrigerant line between condenser outlet and evaporator inlet. Disconnect negative battery cable. Remove air cleaner and duct assembly. Discharge A/C system, using approved refrigerant recovery/recycling equipment.

2. Disconnect ABS modulator electrical connector. Disconnect A/C pressure sensor electrical connector. Separate liquid line fitting at expansion tube. Remove and discard "O" rings. Remove expansion tube from liquid line using needle-nose pliers.

3. If removal of orifice tube is difficult, remove as much of impacted residue as possible. Using a heat gun, apply heat 1/4" from dimples on inlet pipe. DO NOT overheat pipe.

Installation

To install, reverse removal procedure. Lubricate new "O" ring with clean refrigerant oil prior to installation. DO NOT soak "O" ring, as this will cause it to expand. Insert short screen end of orifice tube first. Evacuate, charge, and leak test system.

Duplicated question

Wrenchtech