MY RED BRAKE AND AMBER ABS WARNING LIGHTS ARE ON. BOTH WORK FINE. WHAT COULD CAUSE BOTH LIGHTS TO COME ON AT THE SAME TIME? THANKS.

1998 Oldsmobile Cutlass • 179,000 miles

I just fixed the parking brake sensor which was broken. The car used to "ding" for about 5 seconds every time I started driving from a stop(thinking my p brake was on). Now it doesn't "ding" anymore, but the lights still come on. I thought this was the problem, but clearly there is something else. The brake pads are due for replacement, but would that cause both lights to come on? Some details.
I tested the ABS on a gravel road and they work fine.
Brake fluid is not leaking and is at a good level(room in reservoir for when I replace the pads).
Lights are off if I start the car holding the brake pedal down. They come on simultaneously when I lift off the brake to drive.
Tenorman

The abs is not functioning when the light is on. Have the code checked as the most common failure is a wheel speed sensor.