NISSAN SENTRA WINDOW PROBLEM

1998 Nissan Sentra • 300,000 miles

Last evening as I was turning the corner if front of my apartment the passeger side window drop downed to about half way. I pulled up in front of the apartment and got out and looked and I could raise and lower the window glass by hand but it wouldn't stay in any one position. They were calling for heavy snow mixed with sleet and I didn't want to leave the window open at any height so I managed to wedge in place. Do you have any ideas as to what happened and how easily can this be fixed? As I said it's a 1998 Nissan Sentra Xe with 300000 miles on it and I don't want o spend any great deal of money on it at this stage. Any suggestions?

The door glass regulator is bad and you need to replace it to resolve the problem. If you don't ewant to use the window, you can use something to hold it up from within the door panel.