OVERHEATING ONLY WHILE DRIVING WHY

1998 Nissan Maxima • 179,000 miles

Changed radiator cap and. Flushed radiator and coolant/anti freeze and only overheated after been driving about 10 miles
Sexyinpinkandblack

Is thermostat good?

Fixitmr
So if it just sits and idles it never gets hot? Are radiator fins blocked/dirty?

Fixitmr
I have replaced the thermostat and took the radiotor to a radiator shop where it was pressurized because it was partially clogged. I have replaced the radiator cap as well; but it still gets hot. I can drive for about 15-20 mins before it starts getting hot; than the temp goes down for a few mins than the temp starts rising again. But as soon as I stop and leave running the temp goes down. For some reason it only rises while driving and decreases while sitting in drive/idle. Not sure what that can be; any suggestions?

Sexyinpinkandblack
Have you pressure tested system? If you operate heater will that stop overhaeting?

Fixitmr