NISSAN ALTIMA FUSE PROBLEM

1998 Nissan Altima • 2WD • 175,000 miles

1998 Nissa Altima GXE. Long story short tensioner went, tried to get home and broke belt and cracked radiator. Changed tensioner, belt and radiator. Car was on and running. Turned it off. When turned back on it wouldn't turn on. Thought a fuse got wet, so check and changed. No it turns on but I have no heat, and no signals. I don't see any other fuses blown. I am at a loss as to what to change or do. Any advice/help would be sooo appreciated.
Naturale

Hello –

Check to see if your hazards work?

Check fuse 11 - I would check with a meter to be sure. This is the fuse box in the passenger compartment.

Sounds like you have air in your system which is why you have no heat if you had heat before you changed the radiator. It is really hard to get the air out of the system at times. They have a service bulletin on this also.

Look on the thermostat housing where the top radiator hose connects…. You may have a bleeder screw there. This aids in getting the air out of the systems.
Classification: TE02-001a
Reference: NTB02-011a
Date: March 11, 2002
ESSENTIAL TOOL: ENGINE COOLANT REFILL TOOL
This bulletin amends NTB02-011. This version has the addition of a Service Procedure. Please discard all paper copies of the earlier bulletin.
APPLIED VEHICLES: All Nissan
SERVICE INFORMATION
If for any reason the vehicle's cooling system needs to be filled with coolant due to a service repair or maintenance, use the Coolant Refill Tool # J-45695.
^ Using this tool properly will ensure complete filling without trapped air bubbles in the cooling system.
^ Air pockets in the cooling system can cause: A) Overheating
B) Poor heater performance
C) Gurgling noise from the heater core

Make a small donation! (We will make sure your question will be answered promptly and it will help us be able to continue to help others - Thanks)

Please let us know if what the final fix was for your car so we can better assist others. Thanks!

Find a car repair manual for your car repair questions.

ImpalaSS
Hello –

Also, it looks like you may have a recall on your vehicle. The dealer may fix this for free. Please contact the dealer service department, give them the VIN number of your car and have them check on this to see if it applies to you.

96-106
10/30/1996
Recall - Rear Seat Belt Buckles

ImpalaSS