COMPUTER CHECK HAD MULTIPLE MISS-FIRES

1998 Mitsubishi Eclipse • 105 miles

I had a computer check on my 1998 eclipse 2.0 liter. It came up I had multiple miss-fires so I had it checked out by a shop and they changed the valve cover gasket and changed spark plugs. They disconnected the battery so my check engine light came off but

i need to pass emissions as soon as possible but I need my check engine light off. Thanks for your time and help.

kicking site : -)
Cam854

They changed out what? Put your question in the detail section and be specific of the problem

It's going to take some time. Even after you resolve the issue that is causing the misfire, whatever it may be, then you will clear the codes in the computer and then the car will have to be driven a number of miles the give the computer time to retest all of it's monitors before it will pass inspection.

Wrenchtech
Recheck the trouble codes and see if they are the same.

Post codes here so we can see what we can come up with.

They changed to valve gaskets and spark plugs, I put that in the question but I guess it was to long. My check engine light is off but the only thing now is im leaking a lot more oil, so I think I might need a new oil pan

Cam854
The code will still be in the system, get a scam and post it here, wash down the engine and check for fresh oil leaks after a drive, let us know what you find.

Mhpautos
I want computer program to check my mitsubishi nativa

Hashimawad
This is someone else's question. Please start a question of your own.

Wrenchtech