MERCURY MYSTIQUE SENSOR PROBLEM

1998 Mercury Mystique • 126,339 miles

Location Ignition Control Modular(ICM), found Power Control Modular(PCM), but have not found ICM!NO fire from Coil Pack, so replaced with NEW. Still no spark/fire from coils, but power at connector on one wire. Please tell me where this ICM is located. Ron
Yankeecatter

See if you have a flashing ground to the other wire going to the coil while cranking?

How does that tell me where Ignition Control Modular is located?Thanks for your reply.

Yankeecatter
I was just trying to get more info which engine do you have 2.0 or 2.5L?

I'm sorry, it's a 2.5L-thanks again

Yankeecatter
I can't find the location of it anywhere in my online repair info possibly the intake manifold back of the engine area?I see them for sale for that car I am going to ask another moderator. Also any codes?Have you checked the crankshaft position sensor yet?

Thanks for your dedicated effort.I also have tried repair info on line(autozone/alldata)a couple forums/blogs and this website.I've purchased coil pack-put on & still no fire to spark plug, so I checked ICM price & shutterred when they said $250.00 new, but purchased anyway. Proceeded to look for Said ICM, have windshield wiper covers off, inner fenderwels both off, battery & powerbox out or moveable. Jacked up 1 1/2 foot off floor, both front tires off etc, etc. Then I've started under rightside interior panels, power control modular taken out and I'm headed for the headlights and front grille, next. Did I mention it's a Canadian production model?
Enjoy the evening, I'm going to!

Yankeecatter
Have you checked the crank shaft position sensor?I would check that it will cause no spark and you can check it with a multi meter to test it. The other moderator I asked couldn't find it ethier and thought it was inter grated into the pcm.

I hope & pray you & your friend are right.I'll still pull headlites just for the sake of it.I'll purchase a sensor for $14.00 about, and return ICM which will be like Xmas all over.($200.- $14.00 = $186.00 gift. LOL
What can I do for U?Already said a couple prayers for U and yours.
Thanks! Ron

Yankeecatter
Thank you for the prayers measure the resistance of the old crank sensor?

What should resistance be?And is that measured at sensor pins(looks like 2 pins, without taking off connect). Thanks in advance for your help. Ronnie

Yankeecatter
Page 1 of 2