HI, MY 98 HAS A FEW ISSUES. ON THE DASH, THE HAZARD BLINKERS WORK, BUT WHEN I USE TURN SIGNALS, THEY DO NOT. ALSO, ALL OF MY REAR LIGHTS, BRAKE,TAIL,SIGNALS,ETC. WORK SPORADICALLY OR NOT AT ALL. IS THIS A TURN SIGNAL RELAY PROBLEM OR SOMETHING EL

1998 Mercury Mystique • 125,000 miles

See above, thanks
Emead1979

So the dash indicators and outside bulbs come on but dont blink or nothing happens?

Fixitmr
No, none of the lights are working properly. The turn signal lights on the dash only work if you have the hazard lights on. And the rear brake lights, tail lights, or turn signals aren't working. My friend followed me home the other day and said that at one stop, one light would work, and another, a different light would work, then, nothing. Weird.

Emead1979
You checked fuses 12 10 23 24?

Fixitmr
There is a short in one of the wires in your steering wheel column. Remove the bottom Cover on the steering wheel. Held by 3 screws- (Phillips) After removing the 3 screws take it off slowly and Carefully. After removing the bottom cover to the steering wheel column You'll be able to see the wiring Harness on the left side of steering wheel. Carefully take your hand (While you have the turn signal in the ON position) and move the wires a bit? Until your blinkers start working. I have fixed 2 different model Mystique's with this method. Give it a try : )

Amberbradley
And as far as your Brake lights. Well let me ask you this. Does your trunk leak water after it rains at all? Usually near the the middle of the trunk lid

Amberbradley