MERCEDES BENZ 230TE ENGINE PROBLEM

1998 Mercedes Benz 230te • 250,000 miles

At first, I was driving and got an occasional slight stalling effect. I thought it might have been some bad fuel in the tank. Then, I was driving and suddenly the engine stalled out completely. It would restart and go short distances and stall each time. Then, it aouldn't start at all. I removed the fuel filter and let some fuel drain and tighten all connections; it started and ran for a while continuously. Then again, it stalled and wouldn't start. I next found a vacuum leak from the intake to the fuel regulator. I repaired. I also replaced the fuel regulator valve. Now, no fuel is getting to the injectors or throttle body. And, the check engine never came on for that indicating any type of emission system problem. But, BAS, antilock brakes light came on prior to haviing any problems.

I've tried testing the fuel pump electrically; it ran according to test. I replaced the fuel pump relay. Still, no fuel is getting to the intake.

What do you think might be the problem. My vehicle has always been well maintained.
Bre5551