CAR WON'T START.

1998 Lexus GS 400 • 223,000 miles

Car started and drove perfectly up until a couple of days ago. Daughter started car and turned key in ignition and held it a bit too long. Smelled gas, started up just fine. Turned it off and then it wouldn't start again. Thought she had just flooded it. So we waited 24+ hours and tried to start the car again with success this time! Drove it for a full 24 hour period without incident. Stopping, starting, no problem.

Then, it just died while I was backing out of my garage yesterday and acted like it'd start up again but when pressing on the accelerator, no RPM's, engine died. Been sitting overnight now. Help please? Need to know where to start looking aside from what I've already tried. Know it's nothing to do with the battery or the gas. Maybe a fuel line or fuse issue? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
Bec7

You need a shop to check the basics. You need fuel pressure, compression and spark. One of them is missing.