JEEP GRAND CHEROKEE BATTERY PROBLEM

1998 Jeep Grand Cherokee • 200,000 miles

I have a short that pulls my battery down over night. It is connected to fuse no 7 which controls the cluster, body controller, theft arming light, automatic headlights, diagnostic connector and radio amplifier. How do I determine which one is the cause.

How did you track it down to that particular fuse? With everything off, what is the amp draw for battery drain? Check the wiring circuit and connector for each component, see if anything melted or burned. Check the back of fuse box. Disconnect the components from the circuit, one at a time and check amp draw for that one component. If the over-all drain on the battery shouldnt be over around 30 ma/.030, that isnt even a tenth of an amp.
Any applicable trouble codes, that might point at the issue?

The wiring info I looked at was for laredo.

I remember there was a ticking noise under the dash and I started pulling fuses until it stopped. That is when I discovered that particular fuse was the one that was draining my battery. When I take that fuse out the battery will not discharge but when I put that fuse back in the next day the battery would be dead again. I will check the overall drain and see if it is over 30ma. I don't know about any trouble codes I will check and see if any show up. My check engine light is engine light is either blown or someone took it out before I bought the car. Any more help you can provide I appreciate. Thanks for all of your help.
Johnny

JROWE123
MAYBE THIS EXPERIENCE WILL AID YOU

http://www.2carpros.com/questions/1989-ford-tempo-98-tempo-bran-new-battery-shut-car-off-didn-t-days-now

KEEP US POSTED ON PROGRESS