JEEP GRAND CHEROKEE FUSE PROBLEM

1998 Jeep Grand Cherokee • 155,000 miles

My daytime running lights haven't worked in a while so I finally decided to replace the DRL module. The funny thing is, they work when the key is in the 'run' position but as soon as the vehicle is started they actually go very dim, almost off and if I turn the key back to 'run' they won't go back to normal, they remain dim.
Sometimes, after I have been driving around I do notice that they have gone completely off.

All my other lights are functioning correcting including high and low beams. I forgot to mention that I don't have auto headlights even though there is a photo cell on top of the dash and an auto headlamp relay in the passenger kick panel fuse box. Also, the headlight switch does not have an 'auto' setting on it, either.
This has got me stumped! Any suggestions? Any answers would be greatly appreciated!
Honey Bee