CRANK SENSOR

1998 Jeep Grand Cherokee • 200,751 miles

1998 jeep grand cherokee 2wd 4.0L I cant find the crank sensor help help I have it jacked up with a 20 year old jack I need to get this over with befor it drops lol
Chaz31536

Top of trans bellhousing drivers side

Having a hrad time removing the shifting bracket I have the 2 bolts removed and the little pring but the 2 retaining clips I mash them in but the bracket will not move forward any ideas?

Chaz31536
Shifting bracket?

At the top left of the trans is the sensor held in by 2 7/16 bolts and a harness acessible from the engine bay area.

No need to remove anything else

If u goolgle " removal of a crank sensor in a 1998 grand cherokee" u get a youtube and he does it by removing the shifting bracket if there is another way I am game its wooping me lol

Chaz31536
The crankshaft position sensor is mounted to the transmission bell housing at the left/rear side of the engine block. The sensor is adjustable and is attached with one bolt. A wire shield/router is attached to the sensor.

REMOVAL

Disconnect sensor pigtail harness (3-way connector) from main engine wiring harness. This connection is made near rear of distributor.
Remove sensor mounting bolt.
Remove wire shield and sensor.
INSTALLATION
With automatic transmission: New replacement sensors will be equipped with a paper spacer glued to bottom of sensor. If installing (returning) a used sensor to vehicle, a new paper spacer must be installed to bottom of sensor. This spacer will be ground off the first time engine is started. If spacer is not used, sensor will be broken the first time engine is started.

New Sensors: Be sure paper spacer is installed to bottom of sensor. If not, obtain spacer PN05252229.
Used Sensors: Clean bottom of sensor and install spacer PN05252229.
Install sensor into transmission bellhousing hole.
Position sensor wire shield to sensor.
Push sensor against flywheel/drive plate. With sensor pushed against flywheel/drive plate, tighten mounting bolt to 7 N.M (60 in. Lbs.) Torque.
Route sensor wiring harness into wire shield.
Connect sensor pigtail harness electrical connector to main wiring harness

right from alldata. I have done hundreds of them.

I can not for the life of me get anything on that bolt my 3/8 I am hold all the way from the bottom and its with my firger tips any ideas how to reach it the bolt is NOt facing the bay aera so it beat me today any ideas thanks for all the time u put in I give u a 12 pack any kind u want lol

Chaz31536
I use a long 3/8 extension with a 7/16 swivel socket

OK GOOD news its replaced cost me 69 bucks and he did it in 20 mins or so. He had tools to do it lol. But I still have stalling problems it acts like it wants to stall I loose power cant give it gas thewn it jumps back into gear or something and takes off down the road ok other times it acts up gasps and dies I have to put it in park real fast and turn of the key to stop it from gasping and jerking I have no idea and neather do the guys around me in the garages

Chaz31536
Start with fuel pressure check

Fuel pressure is good

Chaz31536