FUEL PUMP BAD??

1998 Jaguar XJ8 • 12,500 miles

I replaced my fuel pump last September. Today when I went to start my car it wouldnt start. The definatley is gas in the car but when I turn the key it sounds like im out of gas. I checked the fuel pump fuese in the back and non of them are blown. Also when I turn the key I hear a faint sound in the back ike the fuel pump wants to kick on but from what I can remember it doesnt sound like it usually does. What could be the problem and is my new fuel pump shot?

Ayden2009

You need to have the pressure checked to confirm. Yes, it may be bad again but remember, the reason for the failure could be a lot of dirt in the tank which will fail a pump whether new or old.

When you say failure is there a way to clean the dirt out? Or should I just chalk it up to a new pump? Thanks for your response!

Ayden2009
The tank needs to be removed, cleaned and a new pump installed. If thats the problem

Oh ok thank you! Uggh!

Ayden2009