JAGUAR VANDEN PLAS CLICK PROBLEM

1998 Jaguar Vanden Plas • V8 2WD Automatic • 87,000 miles

Jauar xj8 wont turn over
Rmcneilw

When you say it won't turn over, are you refering to a problem with the starter not working? Or, is the starter working but the engine won't start?

Let me know.

Starter is ok the battery is new maxx49

Rmcneilw
Okay, if the starter is cranking the engine, I need you to check for spark and fuel to the engine. One will most likely be missing. We will focuse on that area when you let me know which is the problem. If you need directions, on our homepage under the DIY section, you will find what you need.

My jaguar will click click click then it will turn over then it sound like it locks up then you turn the key it click click click turns over and then locks up engine will not turn over 360 degree please help jaguar 98 vanden plas

Rmcneilw
I didn't realize that. Have you noticed any coolant consumption?

No have not notice any coolant consumption please tell me something

Rmcneilw
The way you described starting (clicking, cranking, almost locking up then turning) makes me question if coolant is getting into the cylinders and causing a hydrostatic lock. Also, ignition timing can cause a similar problem. If the timing is set too far advanced, the spark ignites the fuel in the combustion chamber too early trying to stop the piston from reaching TDC. As a result, it sounds like it locks for a second then turns again.

Sorry, it's hard to explaine. I hope that it helps.