CAR STARTING PROBLEMS

1998 Honda Other • 4 cylinder 2WD Manual • 80,000 miles

I have a Honda Integra type R, which wont start if it is left for 24 hours or more. I have fitted a new battery in the last 6 months, also it has just had a recon solonoid and starter motor fitted by my mechanic in the last few days, and after speaking to him this morning it refused to start again. It was very cold last night approx -10, which may have a bearing on the situation. However, this problem has been going on for a year or more now even when the weather is warmer, so it has to be jump started every time its used. Once it has had a run it restarts easily when used on the same day etc. The usual ignition lights show on the dashboard but immediately extinguish once the car is turned over. All the battery terminals are clean and tight and the car is maintained to a good standard. It is MY '98 1.8 vtec with approx 80k.
I hope this is enough information and you are able to offer some help as to why the car is unable to hold its charge.

Many thanks

Mr grumpy

Have the battery tested. Seems the battery is not retaining charge or has a parasitic drain resulting in the battery being weakened after overnight parking.