TEMPERATURE GUAGE PROBLEM STILL

1998 Honda Civic • 4 cylinder 4WD Automatic • 151,000 miles

Hi, I'm still having the same problem with the temperature guage going up pretty high. It usually goes above the icon in the middle of the guage. I was at a drive thru restruant and the guage was going up slowly and eventually the fan went on. Then I held my foot on the gas at 4k rpm and the guage went back to normal. I got home and the guage was high as I was pulling in the driveway. I opened the hood all the hoses were too hot to touch except the bottom radiator hose and the radiator fan was not on at this time. Then like 30 secs later the fan came on and the bottom radiator hose got too hot to touch. Does this mean anything. This mechanic I was using before is an idiot he keeps tellin me its normal. I've never had a car or seen a car do this. Also i've been getting hard starts lately sometimes though and when it starts sometimes if will idle low for about 5 secs and shake idk if this means anything. Please help. Ty
Pmp

Either the coolant is low, thermostat is defective or the radiator is clogged.

The coolant isnt low and resivor is full. I've been thinking thermostat. Idk what else it could be. The bottom radiaotr hose not being super hot means somthing. Brand new radiator also. My friend said since we live in south florida I can run the car with no thermostat to see if the guage moves around like it is now. Should I do this?

Pmp
No, a thermostat is mandatory for the cooling system. Get it changed and see what happens.

Ok. Get it at honda so I know it works right? The one I got in there now is a 195 stant

Pmp
That sounds right