PROBLEM WITH GUAGE STILL

1998 Honda Civic • 4 cylinder 4WD Automatic • 151,000 miles

Hi, I still have a problem with the temperature guage its really weird my friend said it has to be an electrical proble. I was driving around an hour or so yesterday. All of a sudden the guage started rising and I put my foot on the gas in park and it went down pretty quickly. Then I start driving again and it started going up quick again then it got really high close to the white line then all of a sudden it instantly dropped to the middle of the guage? Any clues at all?

changed thermostat with honda oem
bled cooling system twice
no white smoke or leaks

Please help
Pmp

Hows your coolant temp sensor?Also do you have any codes?Is the radiator fan working correctly?

Look

i can let the car sit and idle for houra and the fan comes on like every minute and the guage dont move. Its only when I drive it for 20-30 mins straight. Havent did anything wit the coolant temp sensor. The thing is the guage dropped from near the white line to close to the middle instant doesnt make sense. Check engine light is on but its the the transmission but ill check tomorrow if theres anything else with it.

Pmp
Also new fan switch, and I brang it to a shop and they said they did a compression test and its fine. New radiatior too

Pmp
I would check the codes to see if there are any new codes also if the temp gauge is moving that much that fast sounds like the wires to the sensor or the sensor itself.

Which sensors would I look into? What would make it do that. If the car is overheating the car cant cool at an instant drop like I saw. It was so high I was getting ready to pullover then I was like what the hell cause it dropped instant. Say there isnt any codes what step do I take? I need this car to last till I have enough for a good car

Pmp
I see a compression test but not a leak down test. If there was a head gasket leak, it would explain the sudden changes.

Wow, I just saw today I have an intake manifo0ld gasket leak in the middle. I see some air bubbles coming out of it. Could this be my problem? Also how long can I drive like this and what could happen if I dont hcange it.

Pmp
Do not drive like that as you will damage the motor by doing so.

Is this making the guage flucuate? Also do you by any chance have a diagram of how to fix this? Does the head have to come off on this car?

Pmp