POWER DOOR LOCKS DONT WORK

1998 Honda Civic • 160,000 miles

My power door locks dont work and my door lock switch is only getting 10.5 volt and it should be at 12 what is wrong? I have read that the blue box in the drivers door goes bad could that be bad? Would really like to get it fixed
Hondacivic98

And the green and white wire only has 10.2 volts

Hondacivic98
The blue box you describe is a module. They do occasionally fail. Seeing you have voltage going to the switch, but not battery voltage, rules out a broken wire in the door crossover. (The wiring from the cab, through the black fexible rubber to the door) however, it doesnt prove the wiring is good either. For example, if you have 48 strands of wire that make up a single wire, if 40 are broken, then current flow wont be good. Make sense? From my experiences though, I have seen the lock module fail. They are common, and fairly cheap from a junk yard. Start here before tearing into this thing. Some techs here do stuff "by the book" im trying to save you the hassle of that. Keep in mind, if after replacing the module and its still inop, then we have some serious electrical to get into. I dont know your capabilities, but if your willing, I can try my best to help you through it.

Madmike1735
Upon some digging, I found this.

Vehicle Application: 1997 Civic 1.6 1998 Civic 1.6
Customer Concern: The power door looks do not work and the fuse is OK.
Average Reported Mileage: 116319
Tests/Procedures: 1. Locate the power door lock control unit in the driver's door. Remove the door panel and verify that the White/Green wire has battery voltage from the fuse. Next verify that the Black wire has a good ground.

2. If power and ground are OK, monitor the Green/Orange and the Green/White wire. There should be approximately 12 volts on those wires with a voltmeter and when grounded the door lock should activate. If the wire shows a ground when the switch is used, then power and ground the door lock actuator from the control unit and verify that they operate. If the actuators operate, then replace the power door lock control unit.

Madmike1735