MOTOR QUESTION

1998 Honda Civic • 4 cylinder 4WD Automatic • 148,000 miles

Hi, Im planning on running full synthetic now. Which is gonna be better mobile1 extended performance or castrol edge with titanium strength?

Also ive been having a little problem starting the car sometimes. Once in a while ill start the car and it like wont start on the first try, it will like make the sound that when you hold the key and no start. New battery too. Could it be from running 5w30 in the engine this oil change?

should I be worried?
Pmp

No, that weight is approved by the manufacturer as long as you are within outside temperature range. As far as the oil, we are not allowed to make brand recommendations because people will think we get paid from different companies, and we don't. All I can tell you is this. I use Mobil on my vehicle.

Well I was reading about oil and they say since I dont live in a cold climate and the winter just gets in the 30s usually to run 10w-30 instead of 5w-30 and it provides better bearing protection.

Pmp
Could running 5w-30 make problems with starting though. Like ever since ive been runnning it once in a while I hold the key and it wnot wanna start then illl get it started and for a second it idles real low and oil light stays on for a second. This one mechanic told me its alright its building pressure is this true?

Pmp
It takes a second for it to build pressure. If you used 10w30, you are fine in a warm climate. If you look in your owner's manual, you will find all the different recommendations. As far as the starting issues, check to make sure the fuel pressure is within spec. If you need directions for checking it, go to our homepage under the DIY section. There are directions and a video to help.

I dont have those kinda tools I just have regular tools like wrenches and stuff im not a mechanic

Pmp
I don't know where you are located, but if there is a nationally recognized parts store near, they will rent them to you then return your money when you return the tools.

I use Walmart brand SYNTEC full synthetic 10-30 in my 2001 Pontiac Bonneville. I bought the car with 70,000miles on it and it now has 410,000. I still go 10,000 miles in between oil changes and it is a quart low when I change it. The motor has never been touched other than 1 change of spark plugs. The oil all comes out of the same vat. You pay extra for the name brands due to thier advertising.

Notapromike