A FEW THINGS..

1998 Ford Taurus • 182,000 miles

I have a 98' Ford Taurus, I need to replace my thermostat (any tips on how not to do it wrong, or not struggle as much when I begin the process), I also have a leak in my break line.I have already replaced two sections of my brake line(about a year back) and get the concept/was successful, however this leak is in the back line that runs across the car. It looks like it comes from the emergency brake. After it splits from the cable. But I get a little confused with how all the lines are conected. Any knowledge on this subject would be greatly appreciated. Thanks, Olivia

Oh I also have a funky idle and the PCV valve seem to be just fine any guesses on the next cheapest fixes?
Olivemechanics

What happens when the engine idles?

As far as the t-stat, we have a "how to" article for t-stat replacement. It is on our homepage under the DIY section. Here is the address:

http://www.2carpros.com/articles/replace-thermostat

As far as the brake fluid leak, that needs fixed before driving the vehicle. Chances are the steel line has rusted and is leaking.

If you have any specific questions, let me know.