CAN I GET THE CRACK WELDED ON THE BOTTOM OF MY OIL PAN AT A REPAIR SHOP TO STOP MY OIL LEAK?

1998 Ford Mustang • 124 miles

Hi, l have a 1998 ford mustang v-6 3.8 liter automatic. I ran over a big rock going to work yesterday. I lifted the car and set it on jack stands I notice that I have a crack in my oil pan about a half inch or less. Im leaking oil from the middle bottom of the oil pan it drip's. The pan underneath my car in the garage is almost half way full. The dealership ford said the part is discontiued for my year, they don't have them in stock at any part's store. Nor salvaged or wrecking yards. So I was wondering can I have mechanic at a repair shop weld the crack for me my oil pan is aluminum I think can you help me? Thank's.
Jaythompson

Go to a welding shop they'll take care of it

Can a welding shop weld the crack on my 98 mustang's oil pan? Even though my oil pan is aluminum. I was told at a repair shop it can't be done.

Jaythompson
Find someone that could weld aluminum-No luck might work JB weld it and see if it 'll hold-