WHY WAS SMOKE COMING FROM UNDER MY BONNET

1998 Ford Focus • 11,105 miles

Smoke was coming from behind the grille of my car the other night, ive checked my radiator & there doesnt seem to be a leak & all the fluids are topped up to where they should be, i.E, oil, brake fluid, my water temp indicator goes to the half way mark on the dial but its always done that since I bought my car in july this year
Dawny2808

You sure its not coming out the cooling system overflow pipe/hose-is it still doing it?

I took it out yesterday for 1st time since it happened it didnr smoke but water temp indicator went to halfway mark within 10mins of me driving but no warning lights came on & ive checked all the different fluid resevoirs & there topped up ok

Dawny2808
Could be overheating and you're not aware, have it further checked

Ill get it checked out soon as but I was wondering if you knew the reason it could over heat when all fluids are full & what do you suggest I should do if it starts over heating whilst im driving to garage

Dawny2808
When that needle goes over 220deg-best just pull over and let cool down