WHAT IS THE CAUSE OF CHOKING EMISSION

1998 Ford F-150 • 250,000 miles

What should I do to stop the rattling noise (underneath) and chocking emissions from mybF-150
Dumo Jack

Where is the noise coming from?

Choking emission? Explain in details-don't quite understand it

The rattling sound comes somewhere under the hood, low compression, very rough idling and slight vibration at take off. It's like the sound you hear when you select a high gear for a slow moving car. I've replaced the engine of the car yet, the problem persists. The truth is that I have no mechanic that knows how to do solve my problem.

Dumo Jack
By choking emission I mean, the smoke from the tail pipe has the choking smell of burning metals.

Dumo Jack
Check the exhaust system for restiction

I think the catalytic converters are bad. Is there anything wrong if I change them with those of Japanese cars? They are very expensive in this part of the globe.

Dumo Jack
If you're not subjected to emission laws won't hurt to try-To confirm the Cats-disconnect the exhaust pipe on the exhaust manifold or a pressure gauge

Thank you for your patience and untiring effort to render valuable advice to help me.

Dumo Jack
Your welcome