I HAVE A AND I JUST CHANGED THE BRAKES FOR IT. IV BLED THE LINES FOR AIR AND EVERYTHING SEEMED FINE. WHILE THE CAR IS OFF THE BRAKE PEDDLE HAS GREAT PRESSURE AND FEELS FINE, HOWEVER WHEN I TURN THE CAR ON, MY BRAKE LIGHT COMES ON AND TH

1998 Ford Explorer • 130,000 miles

Iv add more brake fluid because it was a bit low but it didnt help the problem
Jeremiahpedraza

THIS IS SORTA THE WAY I BENCH BLEED ON THE VEHICLE

This can be done on the vehicle (my preference) using two people, one pumping and one monitoring the Master Cylinder. I wrap string loops around the little hoses, and tie a knot, as to keep the tubes from blowing off of the plastic adapters.

I take it one step further, by squeezing the little hoses with my fingers (as if I were a check valve) The VERY SLOW PUMPING OF THE PEDAL will push the fluid into the reservoir, BY MY PINCHING, but will not allow it TO S.UCK AIR/FLUID BACK INTO THE MC (CONSTANTLY AN OUTWARD FLOW), as you will see happen in the beginning of this video....My way makes air purge faster, but if you did not tie the hoses to the adapters--THEY WILL BLOW LOOSE (lots of adjectives will be used, and your eyes may burn!)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i3Jhbz4mVKw&feature=related

IS THIS SORTA WHAT YOU DID?

THIS IS THE WAY I BLEED (PEOPLE OFTEN SORTA DO IT WRONG! ON SOME NEWER STUFF, OTHER STEPS MAY BE INVOLVED, THE OTHER GUYS MAY ADD THAT IN, if needed, THIS WAY HAS ALWAYS WORKED FOR ME!)

I HAVE TRIED THE VACUUM PUMP WAY, AND ALSO THE LINE ATTACHED TO A BLEEDER VALVE SUBMERGED IN A CUP OF BRAKE FLUID........NEVER SATISFACTORY RESULTS FOR ME!

THIS IS THE WAY I WAS TAUGHT

KEEP FLUID IN THE RESERVOIR AT ALL TIMES/ CONSTANTLY CHECKING!

START WITH FURTHEST OUT WHEEL CYLINDER, FROM THE MASTER CYLINDER, WORKING TO THE CLOSEST (RR, LR, RF, LF)

2 PEOPLE, ONE PUMPING, OTHER BLEEDING AND REFILLING

1-MAN BREAKS BLEEDER LOOSE (so it ain't so tight)-SNUGS IT BACK YELLS, "PUMP IT UP"

2 MAN-PUMPS 6-8 TIMES (YELLS "PUMPING") THEN HOLDS PEDAL--YELLS, "HOLDING" (never lets up, until told to)

1-MAN CRACKS BLEEDER...AIR/ FLUID SPURTS OUT

2-MAN YELL, "FLOOR", JUST BEFORE THE PEDAL, ACTUALLY HITS THE FLOOR

1-MAN TIGHTENS THE BLEEDER....WHILE IT IS STILL SPURTING OUT (NOT AFTER IT STOPS...OR IT WILL SUCK AIR BACK IN).....THEN YELLS, "OKAY---PUMP IT UP"

AFTER YOU GET A RHYTHM GOING AND YOUR PUMPING MAN, IS "TRAINED", THE LINGO SORTA TURNS INTO

1 MAN "OK!"

2 MAN "OK!"

AND SO ON!

PROCESS STARTS OVER, UNTIL YOU ARE SATISFIED THE AIR IS PURGED OUT

YOU SHOULD HAVE "DRUM BRAKES" ALREADY ADJUSTED OUTWARD, BEFORE YOU DO THE BLEEDING PROCEDURE.

I HAVE SEEN DUMMIES BREAK OPEN THE BLEEDERS, AND JUST START PUMPING AWAY, THEN SHUT 'EM......NOT GOOD!

MAYBE YOU HAVE DONE ALL OF THIS--MAYBE YOU JUST DIDN'T KNOW---I FIGURED I'D SLING IT OUT, JUST IN CASE....MANY TIMES WE "ASSUME" THE OTHER PARTY IS DOING THINGS CORRECTLY...THEN CHASE OUR TAILS, LOOKING FOR NON-EXISTENT, OTHER POSSIBILITIES
XBLEEDING