HEATER WILL BLOW AIR BUT WILL NOT GET WARN

1998 Ford Explorer • 172,000 miles

Heater just stopped working all at once, we have already changed the thermostat & antifreexe, I do not hear a clicking noise as some others have stated, it blows just does not get warm
Jerri edwards

Check this for me. With the engine hot and the heater on, feel both heater core hoses. Both should be hot. If one is hot and the other isn't, chances are the heater core is plugged. If both are hot, chances are the blend air door is stuck only allowing cold air to enter the vehicle.

Let me know what you find. NOTE: Since it started all at once, if sounds like the door.

Both hoses are hot, where is the blender door located

Jerri edwards
It is part of the HVAC system and is located near the heater core in the heater core box.

It was the actuator, we have replaced it and now have heat, thank you all so very, very much for the help, it is much appreciated!

Jerri edwards
Glad to help. Let us know if you have questions in the future.

By the way, was it the blend door actuator?

It sure was, we took out the glove box lining and took out the actuator box(great video of how-to on you tube)and the pin would not turn so we knew from the video that this was the culprit, the piece was only around $42, so it was much better than it being the blender door itself, once again thanks for all the help

Jerri edwards
I had a feeling that is what it was. I'm glad you got it fixed. Take care and let us know if you have questions in the future.