WILL NOT START

1998 Ford Explorer • 160,000 miles

I taken my ford explorer 1998 to a mechanic he said he hooked up to the machine and it came up anti theft causing my explorer not to start. Can I disarm this device. Where do I find this to do so. Thank you
Jggeneral

We can't and won't give out info any info to disable anti theft devices. The info could fall into the wrong hands. What were the exact code numbers you had not code descriptions?

Thank You for your honest and fast response. The mechanic never tould me the code numbers All as I know im trying to fix this problem and I dont have much money to take to another shop that charges a wopping 100hr and not know what there doing.

2Carpros Max
Knowing the code numbers is are starting point sometimes we find out certain code numbers are common failures with common fixes. Some issues we can just read codes do a few tests and make repairs. Others we need scan tools that can read live data and sometimes that are able to command certain parts like the computer does for diagnosis. I wish it weren't the world we live in. It would have saved me a lot of money from have to by a professional scan tool that can read all the computers in the vechiles and command certain solenoids and do tests etc.I bought a used one because there just to expensive for me to afford new. On that vechile there is your key a reciever, transmitter, wires, computers etc as possible causes for causing the problem. The codes would help point us in the direction of where the problem could be. Do you have any paper work that has notes on it codes etc from where you took it to have it looked at?Or did he mention what may be the problem?

Hi all I did get a Diagnose no start, OBD II Test. MIL. Comes on. P1260 theft detected, b1681 transceiver mod not received. Diagnose replacing halo and rest Declined repairs. How can I fix this myself? Thank You.

Jggeneral
Are you talking about the pats module?

Im not sure what the mechanic means that is the info I have on my receipt.

Jggeneral
I read the trouble tree for code B1681 and it lists only the pats module or the transceiver module for possible bad parts for that code. Can you ask which part they mean so I can help you further?

Diagnose theft security. Recommend replacing halo and retest declined repairs not sure on any more info.

This mechanic charged me 100 $ an hr and when I had him stop I cant afford him he didn't get much further he hab 2.50 hours into the car he would not give me more info I did not like the estimating and his lack of info for me

Jggeneral
No/1p cluster ccd/j 1850 message received

Jggeneral
That last one is for code U1147/U1262 still doesn't help me figure out what needs to be replaced. You paid the guy for a diagnosis you can't just ask him what he is talking about?I'm really trying to help you here but you have to help me too. If you get me the part you need to replace I can get you the info for replacing it.