FORD EXPEDITION SPARK PROBLEM

1998 Ford Expedition • 247,000 miles

A lot of vibration during acceleration an struggling to accelerate an engine squeaking

Is the check engine light on?

Im having the same problem with my 2006 expedition. Can't seem to fix it. And my light is a constant on it only does it at certain speeds and rpm's. Bit my light does blink on and off every now and then

Kvill
If your light is flashing on and off, that sounds like you have a major misfire. Have you had the computer scanned so you can identify which cylinder is missing?

Not yet it only recently started this. And now the light stays on

Kvill
I spoke to a mechanic friend of mine and he says it could might something wrong with injectors or injector booster, because it more along the lines of a sputter more than anything. I also checked for a misfire but nothing seems to be misfiring

Kvill
To be honest, the injectors on this vehicle are a very good product that rarely break down. Did you scan the computer yet?

No. I was on my way to work when all this started happening

Kvill
Take the vehicle to a nationally recognized parts store and have them scan the computer for you. It will identify trouble codes and help us fix the problem. Most of the stores will scan it for free.

The code is p0302

Kvill
That means the #2 cylinder is missing. You need to check the spark plug and the coil pack to see which is the problem. My guess is that you will need both. They are easy to replace. The coil pack is held in by one screw and then when that is off you can access the spark plug with a standard spark plug socket and an extension.

Let me know what you find of if you have any questions.