ELECTRICAL CONNECTOR BEHIND FUSE PANEL

1998 Ford Expedition • 125,650 miles

I have just finished reinstalling the dash in my 98 Ford Expedition XLT 4.6L after replacing the heater core and blend door. I have all the electrical connections plugged back in except for 1 that I can't find the corresponding plug to. It is trapezoid shaped, black, has 6 cavities, 3 terminals in an 90 degree pattern, 3 wires or/bl or/gr bl, the wires are about 8 inches long and coming out of the back of the fuse panel. This is not the Data Link Connector. When I turn the key I get nothing but what sounds like a relay clicking. Where does this connector connect to? Please help and try to guide me to it. Thank you

NJones76

Turn the key to Run and jump the starter solenoid. You may have a bad solenoid. That connector may be nothing more than a test connector.

Rivermikerat
After having to wait for the weather to break enough I finally got around to it. Found that it was the air suspension diagnostic connector. Got everything back together and running right. It's better than ever before now. Thanks for all your help

NJones76
WAS THAT "17" IN THE DIAGRAM FROM rivermikerat?

GLAD YOU GOT IT FIGURED OUT, NOTHING LIKE NOT KNOWING WHAT YOU COULDA MESSED UP. AND IT WIND UP BE NOTHING AT ALL!

EVEN WORSE IS REPLACING YOUR BAD JEEP IGNITION MODULE WITH A NEW "BAD" MODULE, THEN RIPPING DEEP INTO THE WIRING FOR TWO DAYS, BEFORE YOU TAKE THE NEW ONE BACK FOR TESTING TOO.I NOW TEST NEW STUFF BEFORE I LEAVE THE STORE

Glad to know you got it figured out. Thanks for letting us know. Tell you friends about us.

Closing thread.

Rivermikerat