CAR STOPPED WHILE ON HIGH SPEED

1998 Dodge Stratus • 17,000 miles

The car stopped on the road and series of test was carried out, first, no spark on the plug, check the ignition and replaced with another one, still no spark on the plug, replace the sensor connected to the ignition that was mounted on the gear box still the same, the reading from OBD11 was that no communication from PCU.I later noticed that the engine light does not ON when you crank the engine. Please could that be that the Power Control Unit is bad?
Mufteeh

It can be. Start by checking all the fuses.

I have tried everything including checking the fuse to replacing the crankshaft sensor and ignition, the engine cranks, the check engine light does not come up at all and I have used 2 different scanner (OBD11) but the message is that "No communication from the Brainbox" or ECM, please help me out.

Mufteeh
Which engine do you have?

No communication can mean a few things.
1. Bad PCM.
2. Immobilizer locked ( if equipped).
3. Alarm triggerred/malfunctioning.
4. PCM does not have power supply.

Are you able to perform tests with DVOM or testlight and do you have any of these?

I have 2.5l V6 engine, thou I bought the car as used from germany with immobilizer.
I only have a Multimeter can it be used for the test?

Mufteeh
Please how wil I be able to disconnect the immobilizer in case it is malfunctioning?

Mufteeh
It would depend on the type of immobilizer used. If it is external, you can bypass it but if it is the one that is incorporated into the engine computer, it would not be possible.

Our database does not have any information on the immobilizer and it could be after market which would be possible to bypass. First you would need to locate the uimmobolizer control unit and let me know the wires you have. A picture of the wire connectors would be good.

If possible, let me know where they are attacehd to and the wire colors at harness end.

Ok, how do I read the power that goes to the PCM? Thou the immobilizer is a small black box that was attached inside the hood. Thanks I really appreciate your urgent response.I do as u said and giv u a feedback.

Mufteeh
Check Fuse # 10 ( 10 A) in Power Distribution Center in underhood fuse box. If voltage is available, at the PCM, check the Dark Blue/Wite wire for battery voltage when ignition is turned on.

I was able to test the PCM with another car, it was confirmed bad, pls can I get a workinf one from your end in wwhich I can pay tthru Paypal and also giv you the details of the VIN and part number for proper programming.

Mufteeh
Sorry I am not in the position to do that as we only answer questions and do not supply parts.

Maybe you can google for some online sites that might be able to supply you the part.