DODGE STRATUS LATCH PROBLEM

1998 Dodge Stratus • 75,000 miles

After taking apart the front of my car to replace the horn, and then putting it back together - my hood will no longer lock in a secured manner. Also the hood release on the interior is also stuck in the open or release position. Any Help?
98dodge

JUST A THOUGHT

DID THE LATCH GET FLIPPED. WHILE YOUR EVIL BUDDY PLAYED WITH IT?

CAN YOU PULL THE RELEASE AND HOLD IT----WHILE SOMEONE FLIPS THE LATCH INTO THE OPEN POSITION UNDER THE HOOD?

I'VE SEEN THIS HAPPEN WITH CAR DOORS. AND IDIOTS SLAMMING THEM OVER AND OVER TILL THEY BEND THE POST ON THE BODY. OR DESTROY THE LATCH IN THE DOOR

DO THE 2 PIECES SEEM TO LINE UP. LIKE THEY DID BEFORE?

I HAD TO MOVE MY STARTER SOLENOID REARWARD AND DOWN THE BACKSIDE OF THE FENDER WELL----WHEN I GOT DONE INSTALLING MY LITTLE HORN----MY HOOD CLOSED WITH NO ISSUES. YOU NEED A REAL VEHICLE.A JEEP!

No Evil Buddy Fella - the release is stuck in the open position. The hood will engage partially. So when I shut it, it does secure, but only by the under hood release. It does not go all the way down in the fully locked position. I can probably drive it some - but not 45 miles to work at 65-70mph. I am very concerned it will fly up and smash the windshield.

98dodge
NOT GOOD AT ALL

CAN YOU SHOVE A SCREWDRIVER SHAFT (SIDEWAYS) INTO THE "JAWS" OF THE LATCH (WITH THE HOOD UP)

DOES IT ENCLOSE AROUND IT. SORTA LIKE A GRASSHOPPERS MOUTH PARTS. AND LOCK AROUND THE SCREWDRIVER

HOLDING THE RELEASE OUT---THEN PULLING THE SCREWDRIVER OUT(LIKE IT WENT IN) PUTS THE LATCH BACK INTO THE "READY TO CLOSE" POSITION AGAIN"?

(I DO NOT KNOW MUCH ABOUT HOW YOUR LATCH SYSTEM LOOKS) PICS ARE HELPFUL---AS EVERY CAR NOW DAYS IS DIFFERENT)

Yes I can put the screwdriver sideways in the jwas, it will wrap around the screwdriver - but it will not lock. As soon as I release the pressure - it opens back up.

98dodge
IF YOUR PAL PULLS THE RELEASE OVER AND OVER----CAN YOU SEE MOVEMENT IN THE LATCH. OR IS THE PART THAT SHOULD MOVE "STUCK". THE CABLE DOES NOTHING?

WD-40 BATH?

MAYBE YOU TIGHTENED THE MOUNTING BOLTS TOO TIGHT---OR HAVE SOMETHING CAUGHT IN/ ON THE LATCH----TIGHTENING THE BOLTS SORTA "BOWED" IT. THE GOODIES INSIDE ARE NOW IN A BIND?

CAN YOU SEE EVIDENCE OF A BROKEN SPRING?

WHERE 2 PLATES PARALLEL EACH OTHER AND THERE ARE "MOVING GOODIES" IN BETWEEN---WITH A WIDE SCREWDRIVER, CAN YOU INSERT IT BETWEEN THE PLATES AND SORTA GIVE IT A SLIGHT TWIST (SORTA SLIGHTLY SPREADING THE PLATES APART) ---FREEING UP THE INTERNALS