I NEED TO KNOW THE NAME OF A PLASTIC TUBE/HOSE COMING FROM NEAR THE BOTTOM OF CARBERATOR.

1998 Dodge Dakota

While trying to remove heater core hose from beside where I just removed hose over tstat housing, I couldnt reach clamp properly and a friend decided to try and push metal brace/bracket over and snapped this plastic hose in half. Someone please tell me what it is and what its for. I cant even get to a shop or part store! Some one please help me! If its just air or vaccuum hose can it be taped or glued as a temp fix?
Dina0396

Can you take a picture of it for us? It could be a vacuum hose/fitting, or it could be the PCV valve. But I need to see it to be sure.

Rivermikerat
Heres a pic my finger is pointing to it.

Dina0396
That, my friend appears to be a vacuum line. Have your friend drive you to a Pepe Boys/Autozone/Advanced/etc and buy you 3-4 inches of 3/8 fuel line and use it as a splice.

Rivermikerat
And make him treat you to lunch or buy you a beer. NEVER bend stuff out of the way when you don't know what it is or why it's where it is.

Rivermikerat
Thank you so mush! My friend does not have a way to go, but maybe I will get there eventually will the fuel line as a splice hold for a while or is a temp fix?

Dina0396
And I know this may sound like a stupid question but exactly what do I do to splice it?

Dina0396
3-4 inches of it should hold just nicely for awhile.

Rivermikerat
Do you get any kind of profit when someone leaves a donation as I dont want someone else to get the reward for you being the one who helped me!

Dina0396
Yes. And thank you.

Rivermikerat