IS IT MY CRANKSHAFT SENSOR?

1998 Chrysler Sebring • 155,630 miles

To begin Hi, my car kept cutting off I could be at a light or going through a light it would just stop. So I got my fan fixed because it wasn't coming on then my battery keep going dead got a new battery and alternater I hope I spelled that right. So the car ran for a while then one day I tried to crank my car but it wouldn't start so I thought I was out of gas I got gas it still wouldn't start it would act like it was going to crank but it wouldn't catch. So I took it to someone to look at it they said it was my fuel pump they put the fuel pump on and it still want crank I keep telling him to check my crankshaft sensor but he keeps telling me that that would mean something is wrong with my motor, but I was told that the crankshaft sensor isn't in my motor its the crankshaft that's in the motor not the sensor. Please help me I'm running out of money and time I need help and I've heard these cars are good for the crankshaft sensor going out. What do u think?
Trina

Is check engine light on?

Docfixit
No and I took it to autozone to be sure they didn't find any codes.

Trina
Neede to take to a Tech that can hook up a scan tool and run diagnostics otherwise all lot of parts will be needlessly replaced

Docfixit
About how much would this run me?

Trina
@ $60-80

Docfixit
Ok that's not bad I'm going to do that as soon as possible thank you and ill keep you update on what happen.

Trina
O.K. Post code and repair will advise

Docfixit