CHRYSLER SEBRING FUEL PUMP PROBLEM

1998 Chrysler Sebring

My 20 amp ignition fuel pump starter fuse keeps blowing the sylinoid is fine the starter is workign great no corrosion and no shorts in my circuit what else could be wrong.
Tractor_jeff

Shorted fuel pump. Disconnect the pump and see if the fuse still blows

roy

It only blows when i'm driving but not when I start it plus if I disconnect the fuel pump I cant start it anyways cause then there will be no fuel going to the engine and the shut off switch will then engage

Tractor_jeff
Ok, that was not stated in your original post.

Check the actual fuel pressure while running.

Okay and what psi should it be while running on average lik 12-14 or something like that sorry for being an ass I was confused is all

Tractor_jeff
35-40 lbs, your are not a pain in the buttocks. Lol

Okay and if its over 35-40 or under 35- then what possibly look at the fuel pump itself and change it or maybe the fuel filter

Tractor_jeff
No filter. The pressure would be low as the pump struggles to run and draws too much current thus blowing the fuse

Okay thank you will do ill email you back in the mornign or sometime soon to let you knwo thanks for the info

Tractor_jeff
Good luck