FLASHER CLICKS ALL THE TIME

1998 Chevrolet S-10 • 124,000 miles

My turning flasher click constantly but the lights don't blink. It stops when the brake is engaged and the lights work when using the turning lever.
NobleN

Try a new one

I have, a heavy duty one and that one buzzes all the time.

NobleN
Then one of hte wires are grounded or partially grounded causeing this. It will have to be traced back and see if it's touching someplace like under the dash etc. If something has been recently installed like an alarm system, radio piece check that first.

There was anremote system, open locks and start, installed when I bought it. Maybe I should disconnect that first and see, dang thing don't work anyway.

NobleN
Are they normally just a plug in that is pulled to disconnect it? I know very little about them. Or is it more of a technical thing I should get somebody to do for me?

NobleN
Well have a pro look at this because maybe he can get the remote to work as well as fix the flasher problem. I'd bet the two are related.

Looked at it this afternoon and positive that it is the turning signal switch that is causing the problem. Going to replace it next weekend and will post if that is what it is.

NobleN
Ok