CAN NOT GET CAR TO START TRIED EVERYTHING I CAN THINK OF WHAT ARE YOUR SUGGESTIONS

1998 Chevrolet Malibu • 98,000 miles

1998 chevy malibu ls 3.1 v-6 auto trans
will not start
battery, alternator, and starter all tested and good
turn key and starter engages but as soon as it does all dash lights and day time running lamps go out but it does not crank the engine over acts like engine is ceased
put socket and ratchet on crank bolt and crank turns so engine not ceased
never came across this issue before and being a mechanic myself I am completly lost
All connections at battery are clean and tight and body grounds by battery are clean and tight
any help would be greatly appreciated
CrazyCowboyJames68

Can not do any of these things when the engine is not cranking. As I said in my description of the problem, as soon as the starter tries to engage everything just goes dead as it would if the engine was ceased up but engine does turn when you put a socket and ratchet on it.

CrazyCowboyJames68
Check for a bad connections at the starter motor and battery if okay check and test the ignition switch

Well did some more work on it and engine is locked up

CrazyCowboyJames68