CHEVROLET LUMINA GAS PROBLEM

1998 Chevrolet Lumina

I was driving to the grocery store I only got a couple blocks away from my house when the car died I tried to start it it sounded like it wanted to start but it wouldn't turn over I have plenty of gas but it sounded as if I had ran out of gas then I tried to start it and it did nothing not even a noise so I got out and messed with some wires and a few things got back in the car and tried to start it and it started up I turned around and went home and now days later when I try to start it it starts up but the heater is not working my security light has also been on for quite a while I'm afraid to drive it because I'm afraid it might break down on me again what do you think the problem is

You could clean your battery connections and generally inspect wiring underhood and on engine.

Fixitmr
Also crank and cam sensors are know to cause stalls while driving. Check puter for codes. They dont always trip 1 though. Helps to know what motor you have.

Fixitmr