OIL AND BATTERY

1998 Chevrolet Camaro • 140,000 miles

On my moms 1998 chevy camaro. I looked over at the gauges yesterday. I seen that when we sit in traffic that her oil pressure goes down to 20. I looked over at her battery and it goes down into the red on the low side. The battery is brand new. When she drives the oil pressure goes to about 40 and the battery goes to about 10 or 11 volts. I figured it was because we had the a/c on full blast the radio on and she had her phone charging. The oil pressure gauge needle wobbles back and forth when you are sitting still when you drive it does fine it doesnt wobble anymore. The car smells like it has an oil leak. When you shut it off it you can hear something dripping down and burning off. Any suggestions.
Sean03

Oil pressure is normal. Lowers when hot and increases with engine speed.

Voltage is low. Have your alternator checked as it may be bad

Ok what about the oil pressure needle that flickers when you are sitting in traffic. Thanks.

Sean03
Could just be the sender unit. It is 13 years old. Simple replacement and inexpensive.

Ok. You wouldnt happen to know the location of it. It is a v8 5.7L motor Thanks.

Sean03
DIS DIAGRAM AT THE BOTTOM HELP?

MOSTLY IT IS A BAD SENDER, AS SAID ABOVE--THIS LINK MAY BROADEN WHAT YOU MIGHT WANT TO KNOW

http://www.2carpros.com/questions/1999-chrysler-lhs-car-off-oil-level-full-started-drops-below-low-light-comes-on

Thank you so much that helps a lot. Thanks for your time and advice.

Sean03
COME BACK AND SEE US. WITH YOUR BUDDY'S ILL RUNNING CAR NEXT TIME!

LET US KNOW YOUR OUTCOME. RETURN TO THIS POST

WE LIKE HAPPY ENDINGS!