IGNITION SWITCH

1998 Chevrolet Camaro • 140,000 miles

Is their a way to test the ignition switch on a 1998 Chevy Camaro. My security light is on and stays on while I drive. If the ignition switch is not bad then I want to check out the ignition cylinder. Thanks.
Sean03

Security light is not the ignition switch, it may be the key itself or the security module.
If it is the cylinder, a shop with a scan tool can check for the security on a scan tool.

How much does it usually cost. I live in Virginia. Also does it have to go to the dealer or can repair shops do it. Thanks. Let me ask you one other thing. My neighbor has a 1998 pontiac grand am. He is experiencing something close to mine. Except their will be times he trys to start his and he cant he has to leave it alone for awhile. And his security light blinks then goes out when he drives.

Sean03
Call around for someone to exactly diag it first before asking for an estimate. We dont even know what the issue is.