BRAKE PADS

1998 Chevrolet Camaro • 6 cylinder 2WD Automatic • 121,000 miles

What is the best type of brake pads
Keno1950

The cheapest will usually squeal the least. The most expensive will come with hardware or a better warranty but higher quality linings are often harder and might tend to squeal.

Keep in mind that the manufacturers spend a ton of time developing a brake system that is balanced front-to-rear for even stopping. One of the variables is the coefficient of friction between the linings and rotors and drums. Brake lining manufacturers go to great lengths to not change that variable. What you can expect is to still have even braking regardless of what the new linings cost.

Some sales points include a lower tendency to make black brake dust on the wheels, lower tendency to squeal, and things like that.

Depends on the performance that your expecting from the pads, check this link, it lists the differences in pads and what to look for in a pad:

PROTECH1980
What I am really interested in changing the frount pads on my motorcycle (kawasaki 750 vulcan). I know that I am inposing on you and I am sorry but I can't seem to any information from biker guys so I thought you might be able to help. Any information you have would be most helpful.

Keno1950
Ahh, now we get the rest of the information. Obviously front-to-rear balance isn't an issue. I have a Kawasaki KZ900 and installed a set of the cheapest pads I could find from J.C. Whitney. They worked fine. Any pads will be able to lock up the wheel. You can't do any better than that.

What is your goal in finding a different type of lining?

Yoou guys are the greatest! Thank ypu so much for the advise and putting up with me.

Keno1950
Hey, if you feel like thinking we're geniuses, who are we to argue? : )

Hope we helped.