ANTIFREEZE

1998 Chevrolet Camaro • 140,000 miles

On my moms 1998 chevy camaro the low antifreeze light always comes on and it stays on. When you first start it it is not their when you start driving it it comes on. When you add antifreeze in the overflow the light goes out. Could the overflow have a hole in it or is it the sensor. I have read alot about the sensor that people have posted and they have the exact problem. Any suggestions. Thanks
Sean03

So when the light comes on is the coolant actually low?

The radiator is full but my dad says the overflow is low so that makes me think the overflow has a hole in it. But you never see and fluid on the ground. It is the original overflow tank.

Sean03
Which engine do you have in the car?

5.7l v8 chevy z28 camaro convertiable

Sean03
You need to find out where the leak is in your cooling system that is causing your coolant tank to empty. You can rent a coolant pressure tester at auto zone that you use to find the leak and test the radiator cap also. Its a free rental with deposite. Let me know what you find.