CHEVY

1998 Chevrolet Blazer • 6 cylinder 4WD Automatic • 156,000 miles

I have a 1998 chevy blazer 4.3 vortec v6 car starts then dies after about 15 minutes run time then car wont start wait 15 minutes car will start run a few minutes car dies again then start the whole process over again but car will not stay running for more than 15 to 20 minutes
Framerailmike

Next time it refuses to start don't wait for it to make up its mind-do below immediately to determine if its fuel or spark problem something has to give here-

Get a helper disconnect a sparkplug wire or 2 and ground it to the engine atleast 3/16 away from ground-have helper crank engine over-do you have a snapping blue spark? If so-you have a fuel related problem, Do you hear the fuel pump come On when you turn key on? If not check fuel pump fuse and fuel pump relay if so, check the fuel pressure to rule out the fuel filter/fuel pump/pressure regulator and listen to the injector/s are they pulsing or hook up a noid light. No snapping blue spark continue to troubleshoot the ignition system-power input to the coil/coil packs, coil's resistances, cap and rotor, distributor pick-up coil, ignition control module, cam and crank sensors and computer Note: If it doesn't apply disregard it and keep testing

I have already changed check fuel filter. I had to replace fuel pressure regulator 6 months ago. When car dies an u wait 15 minutes it starts like you just shut it down an re cranked it real quick it starts that quickly then few minutes later it shuts down an wont start.

Framerailmike
The fuel pump does come on when you turn the key you can definatly here it the fuel pump is 2years old

Framerailmike
Just bcuz it comes on but is it producing the correct fuel pressure?-Check to rule it out

Ok I got a fuel pressure tester when the pump turns on the gauge says 60 psi when the car starts its goes to 55 psi stabilizes at 53 psi an holds through out the time engine runs. When the car stalls the gauge jumps hard to 62 then to 58 then drops slowly to 53 this is with engine stalled then an holds at 53 a good long while at 53 then slowly pressure goes down. When car stalls an wont start after it shuts down I checked immediately for spark and there is no spark. Then wait a while an the car starts.

Framerailmike
Check and test the coil, ignition control module and crankshaft position sensor