MY QUESTION IS VERY MUCH LIKE A OLDER POST THAT I HAVE READ. I AM CURIOUS IF THE QUESTION AIR FOUND THE PROBLEM.

1998 Cadillac Allante • 200,200 miles

1998 Cadillac Seville V8 Front Wheel Drive Automatic 200200 miles

Give this Cadillac Seville question to:

1998 Cadillac Seville sls
200,000 k miles

Key-on engine-off, all electric works, info center displays correct info, radio, all lights, windows ac-fan, windows, etc. Works.

But with the Engine running; dashboard acts erratic, shows categories but no data-info, gas guage goes from 1/2 fuill to empty and back again over and over, headlights are on but you can't turn them off, windows don't work, radio lights are on but no sound from speakers, ac-fan speed switch works but no ac.

Car-engine starts, runs, can be driven ok except for the electrial problems listed, no ac, windows.
Justacaddy

SORTA SOUNDS LIKE A MR. BODY CONTROL MODULE ISSUE

ALL OF THE SYMPTOMS YOU SHOW ARE THINGS RELATED TO THE MODULE

NEED TA GET IT CHECKED OUT!

KEEP US INFORMED

I am not very good with cars. Could you explain what is to be checked out and how much it tends to run? Is it a quick diagnoses or and extensive look over?

Justacaddy
Hi: The body control module, (BCM), is a computer that monitors many of the electronics on the vehicle. The items you are having trouble with fall into its responsibilities.

What was suggested is to have it checked. To do so, special equipment is required. I would estimate around 30 dollars to have it checked. Please understand, I don't know where you live, but it shouldn't take more than 30 minutes. If th at checks out good, have them check for bad or weak body grounds. If you want, I can look for a list of locations and send it to you to check. Just let us know.

Lincoln, nebraska 68502

Justacaddy
Can you guys check on the Vin Number?

Justacaddy
I'm sorry, but I don't know the average labor rate there. As far as the VIN, I have no access to GM's system. If there is something specific that you need checked, I would be glad to do it for you

If you can access the battery, which is under the seat, disconnect both cables and touch them together for 30 seconds to a minute. Reconnect and re-evaluate the concern. This will accomplish a master reset of all the modules, and if one has been corrupted, may correct the situation. If the symptoms are still the same, you have on-board diagnostics that you could enter, and obtain the fault codes. My guess is if the conditions are still present after the reset, you have a communications problem. You do not have a single body control module that is in charge of all the systems. You have several modules, in upwards of 17, that communicate on a data line(class 2). Consider one important thing, was there anything done prior to this happening(bodywork, jump start, repair, etc.), And is there any aftermarket accessories installed in the vehicle. These can be a primary cause of bizarre symptoms, and can induce such condition. Try this if possible, and reply to this post. I can guide you through entering diagnostics and obtaining codes. Also, post your full VIN and I can interrogate for info, I may not be able to copy and paste the info, but if you are looking for specifics as far as open campaigns, or warranty repair history, I can refer that to you.

Factoryjack
DISCONNECT THE A/C PANEL CONNECTER AND IF SPEEDO COMES ON THE THE A/C IS BAD. IF STILL NOTHING PLUG THE A/C PANEL BACK IN. THEN YOULL HAVE TO REMOVE THE SPEEDO HEAD AND CHECK THE A/C PANEL FOR OPER. IF NEITHER LIGHT UP REPLACE THE BCM.

Cadieman