BUICK LESABRE HEATER PROBLEM

1998 Buick Lesabre • 85,000 miles

This vehicle is having H/AC problems. The controls do nothing to change heat to cool or location above or below the dash. There also is no fan. When you apply the brakes, the lights in the control buttons flash randomly and continue for a few seconds after releasing the brake pedal. Any ideas?
Royalstar

Already asnwered

I don't know what has already been answered, but I don't see any answer.

Royalstar
I thought I already aanswered this one, maybe I got mixed up. Checkfor a vacuum leak to control or to one of the vacuum motors on the heater. You could have a bad vacuum motor on the heater not allowit to let it change air flow direction. For no fan check the fuse underhood and the see if the resistor by the motor is getting power, it may be bad and not sending to the blower to work. It cold also be a ground problem as well. This could also be an ectrically operated circuit. A test light should get you through testing. Also if you have a cable operated control valve for heat, check to see if that is working by feeling both hosed to and from heater to see if they are hot or about same temp when engine warm. Sorry about my confusion with this.

No problem, Thanks for the help!

Royalstar