CAR ACCELERATED ON ITS OWN UP AND HILL AND DIED.......OIL LIGHT WAS ON...CAR GOT REALLY HOT AND SMOKED.......

1998 Buick Lesabre • 143,500 miles

Oil light came on while going up a hill, car accelerated on its own to 4000 RPM's and then died. Checked the oil and it was pretty much dry. Put oil and anti-freeze in the car, and it wouldn't start. We even tried to jump it (because it seemed like it was the battery being low) and it still wouldn't start. I don't know what the problem could be. There is a tiny bit of anti-freeze where the rear main seal is on the head. It acts like it wants to turn over. You can hear the starter and fuel pump kick on when the key is turned into the "ON" position. But then it just clicks and the battery acts like its half dead.
Cjvoyles319

The motor most likely has locked up from lack of oil. You will most likely need another engine for the car.

Try manually cranking the engine and if it does not turn easily, I would agree with Roy's comments.

We tried to manually crank it and it seemed like it was free and willing to turn

Cjvoyles319
Check the battery condition and engine compression.