IS THE ORIGINAL SWAY BAR BUILT WITH 2 PIECES?

1998 Buick Century • 120,000 miles

Sway bar was said to be broken. Took apart. Found the bar intact, but each end has a cast steel piece that fits over the actual bar. It looks just like the last 3 inches of the bar were the bolt goes in for the link. Looks to seal end of sway bar and provide support. It sandwiches together w/ the bar when you put it all back together. IS IT BROKE? Or made that way originally? The pieces are exactly the same on both sides. One is on top of the sway bar. The other side is under the bar.
Meowzakat

The sway bar should have sway bar pins at the end. I think that is what you are referring to.

The bar flattens to make the end. For the bolt and bushings.I get that. But the bar itself has 2 pieces that lift off each end when you take it apart. If you could imagine the bolt end cut in half to make 2 pieces each w its own bolt hole. Below is a pik of the end piece that sits on the bar. The same on both sides. Are these made this way or is it poss to break it exactly the same on both sides?

Meowzakat